Here are some of the best occasions to send a hand-written note:
As a thank you
- Show appreciation and gratitude to a friend, colleague, business or client letting them know that the good deed or kind gesture did not go unnoticed.
- Although you should first send a quick, follow-up thank you email (so they see it right away), your hand-written note will make you stand out more from other candidates.
- Did you find that individual’s time worthwhile and informative? Tell them about how their time made a difference to you. It can also help you maintain a professional relationship with that person.
- Let someone know how proud of them you are. You won’t regret it and they’ll appreciate it.
- Birthdays are not only momentous occasions, but also reminders of how many people in this world care about us. Make someone’s day by wishing them a happy birthday, it’ll remind them that you are thankful to have them in your life.
- Holidays such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or Memorial Day (and many more!) are great excuses to tell someone how much they mean to you and how you are thinking of them on this special day.
- If someone is going through a difficult experience, let them know that you’re thinking of them and you’re there for them.